Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My new toy


It’s what I have been busying with for the past 3 weeks. It’s big and hot and the best part is, it’s free of charge. Training is needed to prevent the user from getting hurt by it and it’s better to play it in groups if you get what I meant. Finally, I managed to get some pics of it. Let me now present to you my new toy: Stream power plant.


The various components are:



The boiler which turn water to steam



Steam pass to the superheater to become superheated vapor



finally to the steam turbine to the generator to produce electricity



Some readings to obtain for calculations


According to the lab tech who bought the power plant, any part of the component can easily cost up to a few million dollars. But for us, MAE students in ntu, it's free. For a geeky student like me, it's a good thing.


No comments: