Friday, April 14, 2006

Working society I gonna adapt fast to enjoy it

Finally no OT today, and after a nap, I decided to write about my first 3 days experience as an IT retail assistant at SIM LIM SQUARE. First of all, I must be considered lucky that the staffs I have been working with so far are quite nice to me. I have learnt a lot about networking like cables, routers, bluetooth, PDAs and memory cards, which I hardly come across to before I started working. Basically, that’s what we sell. Everyone has been very patience with me and I am trying to learn fast to not be a troublesome colleague to the senior stuffs.

A daily routine in a shop for me is to tidy up the shop in the morning, greet and serve the customers who entered the shop and answers their questions as short and simple as possible. At the end of the day, 7.30pm++, count the day’s earning and close the shop. As a temp staff, making a deal and competing sale’s coda with my working staff is the least concern I have in mind. I am just enjoying the conversations I have with the customers (mainly the good looking ones) and the things I do. But that doesn’t mean I feel good when the temp staffs keyed in their names instead of mine when I was the one who sell the products to the customers. You see, I am still new and I am still not allowed to touch the cashier computer. But, for now, I just treat it as my learning fee for them and if they really need my sales to help them hit the 40k coda per month for commission, I am glad to help.

Throughout these 3 days, I have seen some of my friends already. At least they still recognize me in long sleeve shirt and business pants and leather shoes. Before that, I don’t even know there’s sale person who wears formal wear in SIM LIM. I am not complaining about the attire or anything, NO, I am complaining about the attire. I HAVE LIMITED PAIRS OF LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS AND BUSINESS PANTS. Haha… But that’s nothing when compared to long hours of standing (11am-8pm), 6 workdays a week, no lunch break (have to eat in shop when there’s no customer), a nasty boss and sometimes, nasty customers too. By the time I reached home, it’s about 10pm tired and hungry (without having my dinner yet). It’s hard earned money I have to say. 4th day is Good Friday and I am expecting more customers. Just looking forward to my first off day now. Nite…

No comments: