Monday, December 03, 2007

"Happily Ever After"...Overrated???


Looking at the days ahead,
It’s so sunny and great.
Suddenly, I feel not equipped,
ready to enjoy what I have.

You see, for me, it had always been about the chase,
Wanting the stuff I couldn’t get.
Even though the trips and falls,
It’s less painful this way.

Cos what’s so desirable about finally getting what you wanted?
You cling on tightly to “happily ever after”,
So afraid that any small change
will drive your prince charming away.
And so you stand still and wait,
For him to eventually get sick
and not walk away.

I guess it’s a different ball game altogether.
I guess relationship is nothing without issues and complications.
I guess faith is nothing without courage.
I guess tomorrow is nothing without today.

You make me want to take the first step.
You are whatever “happily ever after” means.

No comments: