Sunday, February 15, 2004

It's been a month and a half since my last update. it's not that i have nothing to write, basically just lazy+tired+not-in-the-mood. Nevertheless, a lot of stuff have gone through.

Firstly, i have been getting used to the duties of the armskote assistant, it's juat a matter of being more cautious with the signing of books and handling the weapons as well as the sergeants. There are sergeants-u-can-play-around-with and sergeats-u-better-avoid. Once, i was this close to get an extra from a "idiot sergeant" called Gavin. It was partly my fault since i didnt apologise to him or show any sign that i was really sorry about the mistake i made. Fortunately, my section commander was kind enough to let this matter go.

Secondly, it was my 7 days fieldcamp which started on the 6th of feb 2004 and ended on the 12th feb 2004. It was quite an interesting n intensive training. We mostly have real life experiences to learn and practice fieldcraft. We have different lectures on fieldcraft for the first three days and began on our various missions on the forth day and "lucky" me, i was the representing-section-commander, rsc, for the day. The mission on that day was to go from one place to another place in a zizap formation. It was sort of like a treasure hunt and we were lucky to choose all the correct route all the time and finally got to the shelter just before nightfall. My sectionmates was really kind to help me along the way. One thing about me managing the section is that i am too weak. I dont have the balls to speak up and i start to panic under stress. I am really bad at giving the commands for the drills too. I have to practice before my sistuational test come. On the fifth day, i was still the rsc and the route was longer and unlike the first time, this time we have no instructor with us all the times and there was a night walk too which bring us to the digging site. It's really a good experience and i learnt quite a lot from it than if was a man. After the fifth day, things started to lighten up and times seriously flew much much faster. On the sixth day morning, at around 6.30am we continue to dig the stuff after only a 2hrs rest. It's the most physical-requiring part. On the seventh day, we leopard crawl and back crawl then go back tekong. Fortunately for me, i didnt get any extra or comfinement for any offence.

Next monday will be the sit. test. I hope i can apply what i have learnt and prove to sergeants and the rest that i can be a officer and give command. i got my second pay 3 days ago. I spend my first pay on guitar, handphone, fieldcamp stuff and a lot of food to get. I must have more self confident. Even the SOC too. nite

No comments: