Wednesday, December 24, 2003

It’s my first book out from BMTC School 1. I am officially a trainee from Foxtrot company platoon 3 section 2 and my bed number is 8. Let me recalled my life in tekong for the past 13 days……Oh the very first day, after the parents are gone, I was supposed to hear for my name to indicate which platoon I was issued to. But, I didn’t hear my name, terrified, and was being sent to the so-called “extra” platoon. Fortunately, every thing was being sorted out I was able to go to the platoon I was supposed to go. If not, I might be sent to the other school and join another company which will only starts the day after. I learnt a lot of new stuff everyday I am lucky to have a good platoon sergeant, 4 sergeants and many platoon mates.
The only sad thing is that my buddy who sleeps next to me snore. I really had a hard time sleeping there. Another thing is the punishment. I hate it when I get punished when I was not the one making the mistake, but I managed to turn this anger into my strength and prove to the others I was right.
Training can be tough, with or without punishment. I find the road march toughest. Imagine a 40+kg guy to carry a 20kg field bag, sbo, rifle and march for 3 km, it’s really training. I have never seen myself sweat so much before. But I felt good after the march. It’s like accomplishing an mission impossible. Another thing I still can’t get used to is the water parade. I seldom drink water but still in there, I have to dink a lot within a short time. Almost every time I have the urge to throw up. Commanding is another problem I faced. Even though I was in NPCC once, I still cannot pronounce the commands properly. I will have to be louder and more confident to speak up.
I have to book in tomorrow and I still got tons of things haven’t done yet. I will try to update after my second book out which is on Saturday.

No comments: